CLIENTHimatsingka is one of the oldest and finest manufacturers of Silk Fabric in India - synonymous of rich values, good quality and customer service. They manufacture top quality home textile products and silk fabric.
Himatsingka were setting up a Doddaballapur, Karnataka, a green field process house in a special economic zone where the local authorities did not permit the discharge of Water, therefore they needed a foolproof system of Water Recovery with Zero Discharge. This project was under Himatsingka Linens.
They also had a problem of fresh water and their supply was from a lake.
simem offered a complete solution for the customer's needs:
- for their Raw water needs has been installed a filteration plant with chemical treatment;
- to treat the textile water process, having a high organic and COD content, has been designed and installed a Biological and Tertiary treatment;
- for the final recovery Simem designed and installed a pre-treatment with Quartz and Resin filteration for suspended solids removal, followed by a Reverse Osmosis Plant in 2 stages giving them total recovery upto 80%.
Their plant was built in different phases:
- 2006: primary water treatment plant for flow 1250 mcd;
- 2006 – July: biological treatment plant for flow 2500 mcd;
- 2007: And the Water Recovery Plant for 1,250 mc/day
- 2008: After successful running of plant for many months they expanded their recovery unit to double capacity of 2,500 mcd.